The Cambrian Angling Association was formed on the 2nd of June, 1885, when a public meeting was held in the old Dolgarreg Ddu school in Blaenau Ffestiniog.
The Association was formed due to a few local gentlemen feeing the need to protect the fishing on the lakes and rivers. At the time, trout and salmon were taken from the waters by any means possible, from the popular otterboard to dynamite !!.
We owe these early anglers a huge debt of gratitude, for aquiring the fishing rights on the many lakes and rivers in the area, and for keeping them wild and natural, giving us the opportunity to enjoy them today.